Physiotherapy is a holistic treatment which encompasses rehabilitation, fitness, health promotion and injury prevention. This approach involves assessing the patients’ lifestyle and accordingly engaging them in specific physical treatments. Focused on the science of movement, physiotherapy aims at restoring, maintaining and maximizing the physical strength, motion, function, and overall well-being of individuals. Physiotherapists will help you stay mobile while enabling you to be independent for as long as possible. The treatment helps in improving a wide range of conditions associated with different systems of the human body, including cardiovascular, neurological, neuro-musculoskeletal and respiratory functions.
Physiotherapists treat individuals to help them in the prevention or rehabilitation of injuries, disabilities, or diseases. They also educate patients to prevent the occurrence or re-occurrence of such detrimental conditions. Usually, patients have a detailed discussion with the physiotherapist before beginning the treatment. During the consultation, the physiotherapist will learn about the patients’ medical history, assess and diagnose their conditions, set up a treatment plan for them and eventually prescribe a course of exercises and other assistive equipment needed.
Dr. Adnan Badr is one of the leading physiotherapists in Mumbai and is a part of DHI’s multi-specialist team of doctors. He leads the physiotherapy department at SoulFuel Studio and is acclaimed for his valuable contributions in the field of therapeutic treatment. With more than 9 years of extensive experience in hospitals, private sectors and sports teams, Dr. Adnan Badr has received much recognition in providing evidence-based techniques for physiotherapy treatments. He served as the lead physiotherapist at the Yes Bank’s Cup Football tournament, and has treated several Bollywood and sports celebrities during the course of his career.
Physiotherapists employ a wide range of treatment techniques depending on the patient’s condition and his/her nature of injury. Some of the common techniques are:
- Exercise Therapy Physical exercises (stretching and strengthening exercises) designed and prescribed for specific therapeutic purposes.
- Kinesio Taping Kinesio Tapes help in speeding up the healing process by improving blood flow and lymphatic drainage. It also supports the injured joints and muscles without restricting the range of motion.
- IASTM IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) enables physiotherapists to efficiently locate and treat individuals diagnosed with soft tissue dysfunctions.
- Electrical nerve stimulation When small electrical currents are delivered to the affected areas of the patient, it helps in suppressing and blocking pain signals to the brain.
- Manual Therapy Moving joints and soft tissues help in draining fluid from the body, improving circulation, and relaxing muscle spasms.
- Demonstration Teaching patients proper movement patterns will help them heal quickly and independently.
- Dry Needling This technique typically assists in muscle function and pain relief. Dry needles play a significant role in stimulating the nervous system and relieving pain. It helps to release over-tightened muscles, boosts the immune system and regulates different body functions.
- Functional testing This process involves assessing a patient’s physical abilities and determining the problem areas.
- Device provisionThere are various physiotherapy treatments that involve the fabrication and application of supportive, assistive, adaptive and protective equipment and devices to initiate healing.
Obese individuals often face complex bio-psychosocial challenges when participating in physical activities. Physiotherapy plays a vital role in adding the much-needed component of body movements for effective weight loss management. Obesity is a robust predictor of morbidity and mortality. But weight loss helps in overcoming various co-morbidities. Which is why physiotherapy is regarded as an essential part of the bariatric journey during the preparation phase and also during the course of recovery from the surgery.
Physiotherapy is a holistic approach to weight management. Physiotherapists use their expertise to treat several conditions faced by bariatric patients, ranging from musculoskeletal to respiratory challenges. They assess the body shape and dynamics of the patients and determine how it affects their body movement and center of gravity. Thereafter, they suggest appropriate treatments such as back rubs, work out, adjusted gear, etc. to help cure bariatric patients from injuries or developmental issues.
Exercise and positive movement are among the keystones for effective weight management. Obesity causes restrictions in body movements and prevents patients from engaging in physical activities due to the fear of injuries. Physiotherapy helps combat these physical and mental barriers by:
- Promoting physical activity, optimal mobility, and overall health and wellness.
- Managing activity limitations, participation fear, and other chronic and acute conditions.
- Preventing injuries, diseases and disabilities.
- Improving and maintaining physical performance and optimal functional independence.
- Rehabilitating the effects of an injury, disability, or disease with a therapeutic exercise regime.
- Educating and advising patients for support and maintenance to prevent functional decline.
Our team of esteemed doctors, experts and trainers are dedicated to giving you the best weight loss experience.
Our physiotherapy team is headed by Dr. Adnan Badr who is available every day at SoulFuel Studio. Dr. Badr focuses on mobility, pain relief therapy and provides solutions which includes a mix of Phyisotherapy and Hydrotherapy.